This article helps system administrators to understand the appearance and process of using various features of the Surveys & Forms tool, from the front end. The tool settings are done by the administrator in EHQ (back end), and these settings are reflected at the front end. In the Surveys & Forms tool, survey questions are created by system administrators in the back end and participants can enter or select their responses at the front end.
NOTE: To understand the process of adding this tool in an administrator’s project page, see article Add and Manage Surveys & Forms.
The following steps describe how to preview and access various features of the Surveys & Forms tool at the front end.
1. Select the respective project from the projects list as shown below.
2. In the project page, click on Preview button on the respective survey. The following front end view of the selected survey is displayed. This is the page that a participant can view and access.
NOTE: All unpublished Surveys & Forms tool items are displayed as ‘Draft’. Only administrators can view these in the preview mode.
Understanding Front End of the Surveys & Forms Tool This section aims to explain various features of the Surveys & Forms tool available at the front end. Participants use this screen to answer survey questions regarding a particular topic. They can also share these surveys through social networking sites and emails. The below illustrations help system administrators to understand how changes made in the back end are implemented in the front end.
The front end screen of the Surveys & Forms tool is quite easy to understand and use. As mentioned earlier, participants can respond to the survey questions in the front end. Participants must perform the following steps in the front end screen of the Surveys & Forms tool.
- Click on the Take Survey button.
The following screen is displayed.
2. Respond to the survey questions. These questions can be in the form of essays, drop-down menus, radio buttons, checkboxes, dates, ranks or more as described in the article on Survey Question Types explained.
3. After entering the responses, click the Submit* button.
Participants can now view the acknowledgement message that you had entered in the Acknowledgement Message text box of your project’s survey page. They will also be able to view a holistic representation of survey results collected so far.
*NOTE - Only when the Submit button is clicked are the survey responses saved. So for a single page survey, responses are NOT saved till it is submitted. For mutli-page surveys, the responses of the completed pages (not the current page) will be saved locally till submission of the survey. Read about creating multi-page surveys in the article on Use page elements to add a page to your survey.