You can manage your project documents (add, edit and delete) by using the Documents widget in your EHQ project. Using this widget allows you to customize the display of the files which are visible on your EHQ page. Additional documents can also be added via the widget.
Note : Documents uploaded by participants can also be published to the document library widget using the Submissions Manager tool.
The common file types that can be uploaded in your project using the Documents widget are:
- Text Documents - PDF, MS and OpenOffice Excel (.xls, .xlsx), MS and OpenOffice Word (.doc, .docx), MS and OpenOffice PowerPoint (.ppt, .pptx)
- Audio Files - mp3, wav, x-wav
- Video Files - mp4, mpeg, mov (Quicktime), flv
- Image Files - jpg / jpeg, gif, png, bmp
- Other- zip, xml
To use the widget, you need to add it to your EHQ project. The following steps show how to add the widget:
Select the Projects link in the navigation bar of EHQ and click on your specific project. You can use the Search box to locate the required project.
Click on the title of your project. In this case, the project in which the widget is to be added is “Sample project for EHQ”. You can view the selected project’s page.
Click on the Add a widget button to add the Documents widget to your project. A list of widgets is displayed on a draw from the right of the screen. Click on Documents.
Now, you can view the Documents page on your screen. In this page, you can add new documents, add link to documents and copy existing documents.
Configuring Documents Widget
In the Documents page, click on the Add Document button to add documents to your project’s Documents widget. On clicking this button, you will see two options in the drop-down menu for adding documents, which do the following actions.
- Add Document - Click on this option to add a new document to the Documents widget of your project page. The following screen is displayed.
- Upload Document -. Click on the button 'Upload', browse to your file, select it and click 'Open. The selected file is added to your project’s Documents widget. Similarly, you can upload multiple files. The document you just uploaded is visible in the Documents page of the widget.
- Add Link to Document - click on this option to add a link to your document. The following screen is displayed. Enter a suitable title in the Title field and the necessary document URL in the Document URL field. After this, click on the Save & Close button.
The document title with the link is displayed in the Documents page, as shown below.
- Copy Existing Document - This option allows you to copy a document from another project to your current project. To perform this action, click on the Copy Existing Document option, The Copy Existing Document page is displayed.
Click in the Select Project box and select the project from which you want to copy a document. Documents available in the selected project are displayed on the screen. Select the one that you want to copy to your project. Finally, click the Add to Widget button to add the document(s) to your project.
The document is now available in your project’s Documents widget as indicated in the image below.
Apart from adding documents in the Documents page, you can also create new folders, edit and delete them to organise your files, systematically. Follow the steps given below to create folders.
Creating a new folder
To create a new empty folder, enter the folder name in the field 'New folder name' and click the Create button. The new folder is displayed in the list of documents. You can drag and drop documents in the newly created folder. If you have multiple folders, you can reorder them as well.
To edit document details
To edit document details, click on the document name. The Edit Document page is displayed. Make the necessary changes and click the Save & Close button. To change the title, enter a new one in the Title box. You can replace the existing file with a new one by clicking on the Replace File button.
Renaming / Deleting a folder
To rename a folder in the Documents page, click on the pencil icon beside the folder name. The Name box is displayed on the screen. Enter the new folder name in the box and click the Save button.
To delete a folder, click on the 'Bin' icon, as indicated in the figure below.
Note : Files in a folder will also be deleted when we delete the respective folder.
Rename the Documents Widget
You can change the title of the Documents widget by clicking on the pencil icon and entering the title of your choice. Select the Hide title checkbox if you do not want the title to appear in the published project. After making the necessary changes in the Settings page, click on the cross on the top right to exit. The settings are auto saved.
The Documents widget shows the total count of documents added within.You can learn more about this here.
Contact our support team if you need any further assistance via chat or email email@example.com