You can brand your site using your organisation logos, images and fonts. The terms used in EHQ are described here:
- Logo: The logo will be displayed on your EHQ newsletters and site notifications. The logo is integral to all site themes except the Classic theme. The ideal dimensions for the logo are 150 pixels (width) * 50 pixels (height).
- Favicon: It is an icon used for a website and is displayed in the address bar of a browser accessing the site or next to the site name in a user’s list of bookmarks. Favicons are tiny, hence we recommend you use a png file with transparent background that is no larger than 15 by 15 pixels.
- Banner: Integral to themes which have a banner display on the homepage. A banner should be a minimum 1440 pixels wide. You should set the fixed height that you would like to use for banners across your site. Read our article on the Best image sizes in EHQ to ensure the image is the best fit.
- Background Image: You can customize the look and feel for your page. The image can be 4x4 or 9x9 pixels as recommended.
To access this section and add images, you will need to click on the Appearance Tab > Logos, Icons & Images.
In order to upload a logo, simply click on the upload icon and select the desired image from your PC.
As soon as you upload the logo, it will reflect on the front-end preview on the appearance editor.
Similar to a logo, click on the upload icon and select the desired file for use.
Once you've uploaded the favicon, you can view it as soon as you type the URL in your browser.
A background image would need to match with the colors on your site and we recommend using lighter backgrounds with minimal designs. Click on upload to select the desired file.
The background image will reflect on all pages on your site.
Click on upload to add a suitable banner to your site. You can preview a project page or your home-page to view the change.
Based on your theme and home-page layout, banners will appear on your home-page and project pages. As illustrated, there are two options to Show site banner on project pages and/or Enable custom project page banners. If you do not see these options, chat with our support team and get it enabled for your site.
Using these options the site administrator can choose how to display banners on project pages:
- Display custom project banners on all project pages.
- Display a common site banner on all project pages.
- Display project banner on specific projects and display site banner on the rest of the projects (in absence of project banner). To achieve this, enable both the options.
- Display project banner on specific project pages and display no banners on rest of the project pages. To achieve this, enable only the "Enable custom project banner" option. You can manually remove project banners from existing project pages.
- To not display any banner on your project pages, leave both the options unselected, which is the default.