The Quick Poll tool of EngagementHQ is used by administrators to set polls and by participants to cast their votes regarding a particular topic or issue. The article Add a Quick Poll covers the details on creating a poll. This article describes the process of displaying the Quick Poll as a widget.
The following steps describe how to set up Quick Poll as a widget.
1. Select the the Projects link from the left side menu of EngagementHQ and click on your specific project. This will display the project’s page. Click on an existing Quick Poll's edit option.
2. When you click the Settings button, the following page is displayed.
3. Select the Display as Widget option and click on the enable button. Then hit save.
4. Click on the Add widget link on the right hand side to enable the Quick Poll widget in the project.
The following widgets page is displayed. Select Quick Polls.
5. You can select which quick polls you'd like displayed as widgets by checking the box next to the quick poll. This quick poll will also need to be published to be displayed on the front-end. You can add a quick poll as well.
6. You can customize the title of the widget by clicking on pencil icon and you can hide the same by selecting “hide title” checkbox.
7. You have successfully added Quick Poll in widgets. You can also hide or delete a quick poll as a widget on the project page.
The image below shows what the Quick Poll will look like as a widget, to the participant.
Note: After adding the poll, you can view the results in the contemporary bar chart view.
There are a few do and don’ts of the Quick Poll that you need to check:
Run concurrent polls.
Have multiple polls display in the widget views.
Select a default poll of your choice to display in the widget view.
Click through open polls by clicking the Next or Previous buttons.
Complete a Quick Poll without registering.
Display only published quick polls.
Change your vote at any time.
View this perfectly on the mobile version.
Note: Unverified users have to provide an email address before they can submit.
Have the Quick poll displayed as a widget and a tool at the same time.
Ask the same question more than once.
Display archived quick polls.
What's next? Read our article on Casting a quick poll vote to see the participant view and understand how the participant can use the quick poll to vote.
Did this answer your question? Contact our support team if you need any further assistance via chat or email email@example.com