Archiving projects in EngagementHQ is the best way to ensure you keep a record of your consultation activities. It allows you to signal to your community that a project has concluded and becomes a part of your online engagement history. Doing this practice will help build trust and transparency between you and the community.
In EHQ you can either decided to schedule a time to archive your project or simply archive your projects manually. Once a project is archived, participants cannot participate in the project activities any further and they will no longer be able to access the project unless they have the URL to the archived project. All tools in the projects are also archived during the process. However, you will retain all of the input and reporting information in your system as part of your records.
To archive projects, follow the below steps.
- Select the Projects link from the left menu of EHQ and click on your specific project from the drop-down menu.
This displays the project page, click the Archive button.
The following Archive Project screen is displayed. The steps to schedule archive are similar to schedule project publish.
2. Click the Archive now option to archive the project immediately and you have successfully archived the project.
OR Click the Schedule for later option and select a date and time by clicking on the calendar icon.
3. Edit the archival message in the Archival Message text box, if required.
4. Select the Keep archived project visible to participants checkbox if you want the archived project to be visible to participants. Unselecting/unchecking the checkbox hides the project from participants after archiving it. However, you can manually hide the project later.
5. Click Submit to archive the project. In case you choose the Archive now option in the Archive Project screen, your project is archived immediately and you can view the Unarchive and Hide buttons on the panel of the project’s Manage page. You can click Unarchive to unarchive the project and Hide to hide the project from visitors.
When you click on the un-publish function, a consultation goes to draft mode - you can always bring it back by publishing it.
6. Or, In case you choose the Schedule for later option in the Archive Project page, the date and time of archival is displayed in the panel of project’s Manage page.
You have successfully set the archive schedule. You can edit the archive schedule by clicking on the date in the panel. After the project’s archival, do not forget to inform your community about the outcomes of this project by sending them a newsletter.