This article helps system administrators to understand the appearance and process of using various features of the Stories tool, from the front end. The tool settings are done by the administrator in EHQ (back end), and these settings are reflected at the front end. Stories enables participants to pen their experiences as a story.
NOTE: To understand the process of adding and using the Stories tool, click Add Story Telling Tool.
The following steps describe how to preview and access various features of the Stories tool at the front end.
- Select the Projects link and click on the project for which you want to view the front end of Stories.
2. This will display the Manage page, click on Stories in the tool tab.
3. This will display the Stories page. Click on Preview.
4. This will display the front end of the Stories tool. If Stories is not the only Tool, you will have to click the Stories tab.
Understanding Front End of the Stories Tool-This section aims to explain various features of the Stories tool available at the front end. Participants use this screen to pen in their experiences and express their opinions through comments. The below illustrations help system administrators to understand how changes made in the back end are implemented in the front end.
Participants must perform the following steps in the front end screen of the Stories tool.
1. Click on the box stating Start your story by providing a title to provide the title for your story.
2. Enter your story in the space provided below the title. Standard editing toolbar is provided. Options are available to add photo, video and links to your story.
3. To allow participants to comment on your story enable the Allow commenting on this story checkbox, else remove the tick and click Create.
4. The story is sent for moderation to the administrator and the following Thank you screen is displayed.
5. At the back end the administrator can view the newly submitted story under the tab New in Manage Stories.
6. Administrator can choose to Accept or Reject the story by clicking the Review button as shown above. Click Save once done.
Note - An email will be sent to the participant if their story is accepted or rejected. The contents of this email can be edited in the Admin Notifications section in the settings page of the tool.
7. Once accepted the participant is informed by email and the story appears on the site.
8. You can comment on the story in the Respond to this story text box and click Submit.
9. This story can be shared on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Email via the buttons provided.
10. Once the comment is posted, participants can use the Like (thumbs up) or Dislike(thumbs down) button to like or dislike comments and replies.
11.Click the Recently active option to place the recently active comments on top, followed by the less active comments. OR, Click the Posted first option to place comments that were posted at the beginning of the forum topic discussion first, followed by other comments.
12.Click on the Like button to like the story.
By performing the above actions, participants have successfully added a story and comments in the front end screen of the Stories tool.