This article helps administrators understand the appearance and process of using various features of the News Feed tool, from the front end. The tool settings are done by the administrator in EngagementHQ (back end), and these settings are reflected on the front end. In the News Feed tool, news articles are created by administrators in the back end and participants can view and share them on the front end.
NOTE: To understand the process of adding this tool in an administrator’s project page, see article Add News Articles.
The following steps describe how to preview and access various features of the News Feed tool at the front end.
Select the Projects link and click on the project for which you want to view the front end of the News Feed. This displays the project’s Manage page.
2. In the Manage page, click on News Feed in the tool tab. The following News Feed page is displayed.
In the News Feed page, click the Preview button for the required news article. The following front end view of the selected news article is displayed. This is the page that a participant can view and access.
Understanding Front End of the News Feed Tool.
This section aims to explain various features of the News Feed tool available at the front end. Participants use this screen to express their opinions through comments regarding various news articles. They can also share news articles through social networking sites and emails. The below illustrations help administrators to understand how changes made in the back end are implemented in the front end.
The front end screen of the News Feed tool is quite easy to understand and use. As mentioned earlier, participants can comment on the news articles and share the same.
Participants can perform the following steps in the front end screen of the News Feed tool.
1. Read the news article and click in the Comment box to add a comment.
You can tag another person participating in the Newsfeed by typing the @ symbol, followed by their screen name. As you type in the @ in the comment box, you will see a list of users who have commented on the Newsfeed. From this list, you can select the screen name of the user you wish to tag.
The tagged user will then receive an email that says they have been tagged in a comment to the Newsfeed. They will also be able to click on the link 'View Comment' in the email, which will take them to the comment where they've been tagged.
2. You can share the news article on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn by clicking on the required social media symbols. Participants can also email the link.
3. Click Submit to submit the comment and make it visible to other participants OR, Click Cancel to ‘not submit’ the comment. On clicking Submit, your comment is displayed as illustrated below.
4. Click on the Edit button to edit your comment.
5. The following screen is displayed. Participants can edit the current comment, or enter a new one and then click Submit.
6. Click the Like (thumbs up) or Dislike(thumbs down) button to like or dislike comments posted by other participants. Participants cannot like or dislike their own comments
Note : Users cannot like or dislike their own comments
7. If the news article had categories tagged when added, then categories, separated by commas, is displayed. These are useful if you are planning to use the News Categories widget.
8. When you click on one of the categories, the following page is displayed. Here, participants can view the news that was added using the News Categories widget by administrators. When they enter a category, the News Categories widget picks it up. This widget collates all categories that you have used in your article.
9. Click on the Show all option to view all news articles for the selected project.
Contact our support team if you need any further assistance via chat or email firstname.lastname@example.org