This article helps administrators understand the participant's view of the Ideas tool and the process of using various features of the tool. The tool settings are done by the administrator in EngagementHQ (back end), and these settings are reflected at the front end. Ideas enable participants to express their ideas related to a pre-set topic created by the administrator. To understand the process of adding and using the Ideas tool, click Add the Ideas Tool to your project.
The following steps describe how to preview and access various features of the Ideas tool at the front end.
Select the Projects link from the Left menu of EngagementHQ and click on your specific project from the list.
This displays the project's, Manage Page. Click on the Ideas tab from the existing tool list.
On the Ideas page, click the Preview button for the required topic. The following front-end view of the selected topic is displayed. This is the page that a participant can view and access.
Understanding the front end of the Ideas tool
This section aims to explain various features of the Ideas tool available at the front end. Participants use this screen to share their ideas regarding a particular topic. The below figure helps the system to understand how changes made in the back end are implemented in the front end.
The front-end screen of the Ideas tool is quite easy to understand and use. Illustrated below are the steps to be followed by participants to add an Idea :
1. Click on the Add Your Idea button. If Ideas are already present, the screen looks similar to the one below.
The following screen is displayed for a participant to provide their input.
2. Enter an idea in the Add your idea section.
3. Enter a short description in the Enter a short description section. However, this is optional.
Note : For a participant response, the title can have a maximum of 140 characters and the response can have more than 2500 words. This is the same for the comments as well.
4. The participant can Upload Image, if you have enabled the option in the tool settings.
As the participant enters an idea in the right side of this screen, the preview is simultaneously displayed on the left side.
5. Click Add Idea button to ensure the idea entered is saved. Participants can click Cancel NOT to add the idea. The idea is then displayed as below. To add more ideas, the participant can click the Add your idea button again.
6. Share the idea by clicking on Share. The following options are displayed.
Click the Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Email symbol to share the idea with people. Click the x to close these options.
7. The participant can edit or delete his idea after submitting it. They need to first open their idea, then use the options on the right-hand top corner as illustrated below.
Note: Participants can delete their idea within 30 minutes of posting. This is the default duration of each session. However, if there is a comment added to the Idea they will not be able to delete the Idea.
8. To search for an idea, enter the title of the idea in the Search for ideas box.
9. To sort ideas, click on Discover which is alongside the search bar. To sort based on time, click Oldest or Newest. To sort ideas based on the votes of other participants, click Most Votes. To sort based on comments, click Most Comments.
10. A participant can click on any of the ideas submitted by other participants to view it, share it using the links for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Email also vote by clicking the heart symbol. Voting by anonymous participants is allowed only if unverified participation is enabled.
If commenting is allowed, then a box will be present where the participant can comment and click on Post to save their comments on the Idea.
You can tag another person participating in the Idea by typing the @ symbol, followed by their screen name. As you type in the @ in the comment box, you will see a list of users who have commented on the idea. From this list, you can select the screen name of the user you wish to tag.
The tagged user will then receive an email that says they have been tagged in a comment to the Idea. They will also be able to click on the link 'View Comment' in the email, which will take them to the comment where they've been tagged.
Note: There should be at least one comment to tag a user.
11. A participant can also report an idea to the administrator by clicking on the options on the right hand corner of the idea and selecting Report Idea.
You can understand how the social share pop-up works by referring to the article Social media sharing article.
Contact our support team if you need any further assistance via chat or email email@example.com