Linking EngagementHQ with other social media tools
- Switch on the social media sharing option to make it easy for participants to share the consultation with their friends and followers.
- Add “follow us on” Facebook and Twitter buttons to the top of the widgets column with HTML links through to either/both sites.
- Embed a Twitter stream widget into EHQ with your tweets, mentions of your organisation, use of a speci c project #hash-tag etc.
- Embed a comment stream from your Facebook page.
- Embed YouTube videos in the video player and/or in the advanced widgets.
- Embed a Flickr photo gallery in one of the advanced widgets.
- Embed an Instagram slideshow using a project #hash-tag in the advanced widgets.
- Embed a Slideshare presentation in one of the advanced widgets.
- Embed any of the above rich media into the newsfeed or forum topics.
- Run FB page consultation in parallel to EHQ consultation.
Using social media to link the EHQ site:
- Use Facebook ads to drive traffic to the EHQ site. Use Google ads as above.
- Use the FB page to let people know about consultations on the EHQ site.
- Use Twitter as above.
- Post interesting comments from the EHQ forums on the FB page and Twitter stream.
- Report back on the outcomes of EHQ consultations via FB and Twitter.
- Report back when the project/program has been implemented via FB and Twitter... reflect back on the original consultation.
- Setup RSS feeds from the forum topics to display in a “comment widget” on the corporate site.
Download a copy of this Tip Sheet - http://www.bangthetable.com/category/public-engagement-primers/