There are ready to use widgets provided in EHQ (see article Add New Widgets) however, if these widgets do not meet your requirements, then the custom widget can be used to create your own widget with HTML content. If your consultation requires an entire page with custom code or an embed, then have a read of the article Add Static Pages which will be apt for that purpose.
Below are three examples of custom widgets used in EHQ :
- Using Custom Widgets to display clickable images
- Embed Facebook as a Custom Widget
- Tracking Users with Facebook Pixels
The following steps describe how to add a Custom Widget on your EHQ page:
- Select the Projects link and from the sidebar menu, click the project for which you want to add a widget.
2. Click on the Add Widgets link. A list of active and available widgets are displayed that can be added to your page.
3. Select the Custom widget from the Available Widget list. It will be added to the Active Widgets List.
4. Click on the title of the custom widget to open it, then click on the icon <> to open the Code view and add any code (typically HTML or iframes). After adding the code, click on <> again to first exit the Code view, and then hit Save. The title of the widget can be hidden or edited. You can also copy the entire content of an existing custom widget from another project.
Once done, click on Save.
You can also insert images, videos, tables along with the content in the description box.
EHQ allows you to use iframes, certain scripts and some styles in project and tool descriptions as well as your Custom Widgets.
Note - When you try to iframe other websites into EHQ, it will be allowed only if the website is whitelisted. You can check if the website is whitelisted with our support team by sending us an email.
5. You have successfully added the widget. You can Edit by clicking on the title of the widget, Delete or Hide the widget using the provided options.
If you face any difficulty, you can always contact us via chat or email at email@example.com with your custom code and instructions where you would like it embedded.