Engagement HQ enables users to replicate surveys within a project or clone a survey from one project to another. This is helpful when you want to create a survey which is similar to an existing survey either in the same project or in another project.
See Adding the survey tool to understand the technical process of setting up a survey.
This article explains the process of cloning an existing survey into another project.
- Select the Projects link from the left of EHQ page and click on your specific project for which you want to create the new survey in.
2. Once there, click on the Clone a survey button as shown below.
3. The following Clone Survey page is displayed.
4. Click on the Project drop-down menu and select the project in which the original survey appears.
5. Click on the Survey drop-down menu and select the survey you want to clone.
6. Click Clone Survey. The new survey will appear in the project.
You can make the following changes in the cloned survey, if required.
7. Enter a new title in the Title field.
8. Enter a new welcome message in the Welcome Message text box.
9. Enter a new acknowledgement message in the Acknowledgement Message text box.
10. Edit the message in 'Display message to participants who have previously submitted' text box.
11. The Permalink is automatically displayed. However, you can change it.
12. Edit the email settings by clicking the drop-down arrows of Email Settings.
13. Change selections for Participation Type and Submission Type.
14. Finally, click Update. The following page is displayed with all the survey questions copied from the original survey. You may review all of them, make required changes and delete questions. You can also add new questions to the survey. Use the mouse to drag and drop questions to reorder them.
Review the article Survey Question Types Explained to understand each of the survey questions available for use in your survey.
Note: The new survey is saved and displayed as Draft until it is published.
Read the article Preview and Test your Surveys to understand how to test this survey prior to publishing.