Our Text Analysis tool, previously called the comment analysis tool, allows you to tag and organise free-form text, from across all EHQ tools.
What this means is that comments from the guestbook, single line and essay question responses in surveys, forum discussions, all having free text, can be searched for and tagged, from one place.
For example, a search for 'pet' will filter your text inputs received and bring up all the places where the word pet appears in your tool conversations. This kind of pattern can then be categorised by giving it a tag, say 'pet'.
You can then generate a report to extract all the free form text discussion on pets.
You can tag not just one response at a time, we also support bulk tagging, so that several responses can be tagged with the same tag at once! In addition to this, we also offer the ability to gauge the overall sentiment of the text data across the site and demographic filtering,
NOTE - Tags created are visible only to administrators. These are NOT visible on the front end to participants.
Detailed below are the steps to start tagging and and analysing text -
- Click on Reporting on the left navigation bar of EHQ and then select Text Anaylsis from the drop down menu.
2. This will display the text analysis page.
3. As a first step, choose the project you wish to analyse from the drop down menu. Then select the tool from that project you wish to analyse. All the tools with text responses for the selected project will be available in the drop down box.
4. Once you have selected the project and tool, click update.
5. This will display all the text based responses, in this example, from the Forum tool of the project which is selected.
6. You can now start your analysis by searching for keywords in the Search box. For example, a search for 'good' will show only the text responses having that word and highlighted in green as shown below. You can also try the Advanced search option.
7. You can add a tag to this text by typing in the Add a tag box. This box allows you to search and use existing tags as well. Tags created during the analysis of one tool will automatically appear for the others tools in the same project.
Type in your new tag and press enter. The tag is displayed alongside the response as shown below. Note - Tags are case sensitive, so 'Positive' is a different tag compared to 'positive'.
You can delete the tag at any time by clicking on the 'x' next to the tag.
8. Click on the Download report to get an excel based report with all the text and tags.
Below is an example of what the report looks like.
9. If the Survey Tool is selected for analysis a further selection box is provided for analysis. You can select one of the questions for analyzing as shown below.
To analyze each survey question, select each question and then download a separate excel report for each of the question. To analyze the full survey at once, select the survey and click the Download Report button (without selecting any questions).
The survey report will now include ALL survey questions and tags in a single excel report, the report will have multiple worksheets; one for each question of the selected survey.
10. If there is more than one response that you would like to tag, we have a bulk tagging option. Use the selection box(in blue below) next to the responses to select all the required ones and then type in a tag in the Add a bulk tag box highlighted in red below.
Note - If you do not see the Add a bulk tag box, it is because you have not selected the text using the selection box, as highlighted with blue tick marks above.
The tag will be added to all the selected responses.
11. You can also bulk delete a tag. Only the tags in the currently selected tool or survey question will get removed. Note that the same tag used in other tools/questions in the same project will have no impact.
There will be confirmation required before the tags are deleted.
12. You can filter your responses using the existing tags as shown below.
Note - When you use the Filter by tags, the filter option will show you only the tags that have been applied to the currently selected tool or survey question, it will not list all tags across all the tools/survey questions in the project.