As part of getting your site ready, it is important to review the site navigation bar. You can add hyperlinks and customize the default hyperlinks for header and footer menus displayed on your site. This gives you the freedom to determine the navigation path on your site.
The following steps describe how to customize the page using the Navigation link:
Select the Site Management link and from the drop-down menu, click Navigation. The Navigation page is displayed.
Note : If you are unable to find this section on your site, it means that you are either using the Appearance editor feature or that this has been enabled on your EngagementHQ site. In this case, please refer to this article to know how to manage your Navigation header and footer.
2. Select the Header tab. The links listed here will appear as a header (or at the top) of your site.
To edit the link, click on the pencil icon as shown below.
3. Enter the title in the Custom Title box (this title appears in the Header), enter the link in the URL (if link type selected is External link provided, and select the parent menu link from the drop-down menu. Click Save.
4. To create a new link in the header menu, click the Add Link button.
The Add Link tab is displayed. You can add different types of links to your site.
The options are as shown and described below -
Project - Link directly to a project page. Only the required project has to be selected and a custom title must be entered (the title will appear in the header) to create a new link.
Once saved, the link will appear on the header menu of the site as illustrated below.
All projects - Creates a link to a page that showcases all projects. If you have not set up your all projects page, read the article on Use the all projects page to showcase your project history.
Static - Links to an existing static page. Read about setting up your own information on a static page in the article Add Static Pages.
External Link - Link to an outside URL of an external site, for example your organization's website or a reference site.
Home Page - This will link to the site’s homepage. You can read the article on The homepage editor to understand your site homepage.
Hub - This will link to your hub landing page to showcase the projects on a hub. Read the article on Setup your hub landing page to understand how to create a hub landing page.
Parent links: To create a parent link, simply select the / symbol within the "Nest under parent link" dropdown.
You can also add sub-items to an existing Parent link. You have to add these as new links choosing the correct Parent Link.
Once saved, the sub items will appear under the header menu item of the site as illustrated below.
5. Select the Breadcrumbs tab to define the hierarchy of parent and child projects. This can be done by selecting, dragging and dropping the child projects under the parent projects. Please note that only Published projects will be shown here.
6. Select Footer Links. The links listed here will appear as a footer (at the bottom) of your site.
You can select the type of link, details to display on your page and the titles that will be displayed.
You can delete any of these links by using the Delete button alongside each.
7. You can add additional links using the Add a Link button and you create a new page using the Create a Static Page button (Read more about static pages here).
Note - At any point to preview your site header and footers, choose your project from the project list and click Preview or simply view the home-page.
Contact our support team if you need any further assistance via chat or email firstname.lastname@example.org