Static Pages are different to regular project pages. They are blank spaces available to display information to the users of the site. This is typically information that does not change, hence referred to as 'static'.
The content within these pages is fully HTML customizable so you could use it for anything you like. So you could create a customised page and provide the link to it from your main project page. Another option would be to use it as a general About page, detailing the purpose of your engagement site - leaving your project pages free for project-specific information.
One thing to note with static pages is that when set as header navigation pages, they apply across your platform as opposed to individual projects specifically.
The following steps will describe how to add a static page to your EHQ page [You should be a site admin]:
- Click on the Site Management link from the left menu of EHQ. From the dropdown click on Static Pages. The Static Pages screen will be displayed.
You can add further pages as required to your EHQ site.
2. Click Create Static Page to add a static page.
3. Enter the title in the Title field.
4. Enter the content in the Description box.
5. Permalink text gets updated automatically in the Permalink field.
6. Click Save to create the static page.
The new page is created and appears as draft.
7. Click on the Publish button that appears in the dropdown when you click draft, once you are ready for the page to be public.
8. Use the pencil icon to Edit , make any further changes to your Static page.
9. If you no longer require the page you can use the Trash bin icon to Delete any newly created static page.
10. Once published, you will have an option to Unpublish at any time.
11. Click on the preview icon see a Preview of your page.
NOTE - Use the permalink with your site URL to generate the URL of the static page. This static page can be linked to directly from other pages.