- Include the feedback process to the project timeline task list/budget.
- Create a process diagram for participants to illustrate the consultation and decision-making process.
- Clearly indicate on the site how the consultation feedback will be used to influence the decision.
- Provide thank you” letters to key stakeholders. Send thank you emails to all online participants.
- Create a consultation report summarising the outcomes of the consultation process.
- Distribute the report in a variety of forms so that it is accessible to as wide an audience as possible.
- Create a feedback report listing each of the issues and suggestions raised by the community AND the consulting organisation’s response.
- Distribute as above.
- Advise participants of the decision-making process henceforth. Advise participants when a decision has been taken.
- Consider preparing a feedback video rather than paper report.
Download a copy of this Tip Sheet - http://www.bangthetable.com/category/public-engagement-primers/