EHQ offers an integration of your database into MailChimp which allows you to sync segments and use your regular MailChimp account to send emails to your EHQ community.
This is not part of your regular EHQ license and if you are interested in the integration, please email us at email@example.com.
Once the integration is established, you will see the following information in your EHQ (if you are not seeing a green screen anymore but have already moved to Bluehaven, please read further below)
- Under your EMAIL tab you will now find a Sync With MailChimp option. Note how the EHQ Newsletter option is still there as well. You can continue to send email via EHQ too!
- These two fields are your configuration. You will find this information in your MailChimp account. Make sure to use the List ID of an previously empty MailChimp List.
- The sync between EHQ and MailChimp will occur once a day, or you can hit the sync button if you need the sync to occur instantly.
If your EHQ screen resembles more what you see below, then you are already on Bluehaven. Please follow these steps.
- Navigate into our Marketplace and find the MailChimp integration under Emails & SMS.
- Click Edit Settings, the blue button in the top right. This will open up a drawer in which you can configure the integration.
- Enter your MailChimp API Key and make sure to use the List ID of a previously empty MailChimp list.
What happens when its configured?
After the integration has been established your MailChimp account will contain your mailing list with your participants and might look like below. Note how the groups from your EHQ will be synced as tags to the participant. The sync happens once a day (around midnight) or when triggered manually. All your activated participants are synced from to MailChimp, this means that participants that have a pending activation will not be synced and may explain a difference you see in your MailChimp list and your EHQ participants count.
If you have any questions about this process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org