The related projects widget allows you to link related projects together to help drive engagement. This is a great way to try and cross-pollinate interest across your projects. You can also use this widget to simply highlight any other project/s of your choosing. This widget is used to showcase already published projects and/or archived projects.
The following steps describe how to set up the Related Projects widget in your project.
1. Select the Projects link from the top menu of EHQ and click on your specific project from the drop-down menu.
2. The Manage page is displayed. Click on the Widgets link.
A list of active and available widgets are displayed that can be added to your page.
3. Click on Related Projects in the Available Widgets list to add it to your Active Widgets section. Use the pencil icon to expand the widget as seen below.
4. Select Maximum number of project links in the widget by clicking on the up and down arrow.
5. In the Published Projects section, click on the Auto select newly published projects checkbox to auto-select projects to be displayed in the widget when they are published.
6. Click on the Select all option to quickly select all the published projects. Or, Click on the checkbox of only those published projects that you want to display in the widget.
7. Drag and drop you selected projects to re-order how you want them to appear on the screen. This will also effect the ordering of your related projects if you use this widget on the homepage of your site using a widget enabled homepage theme such as Bondi or Torquay.
8. In the Archived Projects section, click on the Auto select newly archived projects checkbox to auto-select projects to be displayed in the widget when they are archived.
9. Click on the Select all option to quickly select all the archived projects. Or, Click on the checkbox of only those archived projects that you want to be displayed in the widget.
10. Click Save
NOTE: The widget is smart. It will only show projects to the logged in participant that they have access to. If there is a protected project that a participant has no access to, they won't see it. This works the same in both project and homepages.
You can always click the preview button to see what your widget would look like in the front end. An example is shown below.