You can archive an article while it is still published and live in the News Feed section of your project. Archiving a news item means that only the comment function is disabled. However, it does NOT mean that the article is unpublished. If you want to remove the article from view, simply un-publish it altogether.
For example: When we archive a forum topic, the topic remains published and the comments are visible. However, new comments are not allowed. It works similarly with the News Feed archiving articles.
The following steps describe how to archive a news article:
1. Select the Projects link from the top menu of EHQ and click on your specific project from the drop-down menu.
2. This displays the project’s Manage page. Click on Manage for News Feed.
The News Feed page is displayed.
3. Click on the drop-down arrow for the article and select Archive to archive the news article immediately.
Note - Only published articles can be archived. Details on how to publish an article is covered in Add News Article.
4. You can customize the message to display on archival and then click Archive.
5. To schedule archiving of the news article, click on the clock icon. A calendar pops up. Set the date and time. Click Done. NOTE: You can also click Now to set the current date and time.
6. The date and stamp next to your article indicates that the news article is successfully scheduled for archiving.
7. To cancel a scheduled archiving or to re-schedule it, click on the clock icon.
8. Once the news article is Archived successfully, 'Archived' is displayed.
Note: To unarchive the article, click on Unarchive