EngagementHQ allows you to setup your engagement team to help you administer your site. This team can be made up of a combination of site administrators and project administrators, with each having different access permission to change and manage content.
We highly recommend you build your EHQ engagement team around a central site administrator and utilise the functionality of project administrators to assist in populating project pages.
What is the difference between a site administrator and a project administrator?
A site administrator has complete access to all features and settings of EngagementHQ.
A project administrator will only has access to populate projects assigned to him with content and pull reports. See the detailed article on Access levels for EHQ administrators.
Hub Administrator roles are only available with EngagementHQ Enterprise Edition. Check with your Engagement Manager to see if your license allows access to Hubs and read our article on Add a new Hub Administrator for detailed instructions.
Adding your team
In the People link from the top menu of EHQ, click on Administrators from the drop-down menu.
The Administrators page is displayed.
If the person has already been registered as a participant, then follow the detailed instructions in How to change a participant into an administrator.
If not, click on the Add button. This will display the Add Administrator page.
You will need to add the following details to complete registration:
- Enter Login/ Screen name.
- Enter the email address and a password. The password can be random but we recommend a computer generated password via the various online tools available, for security purposes. (The admin can later change the password once activating his/her account)
- Enter the designated role – Site Administrator / Project Administrator.
4. Click Create.
An automatic notification email won't be sent out. you will need to share the login credentials (username and password) manually. Automatic emails are only sent out while uploading participants into your database.
From your Administrators page, you can:
- Add new project administrators - you can select whether someone has admin rights for the whole site (Site Administrator) or restrict them to specific projects (Project Administrator)
- Edit Administrators screen name, email and role
- Block an administrator. Blocking an administrator means they will no longer be able to log into the system and edit the site.
Automatic log out: Admins that are inactive for two hours will automatically be logged out of EHQ as a security measure.
Learn how to add participant's to your database to start engaging with your community.