Sometimes surveys are conducted in hard copy format as well as online. You can add these hard copy surveys online by taking the survey as admin. The following pointers describe how to add hard copy surveys online.
- Make sure that the survey is either published or archived. Responses made to surveys that are in 'draft' mode will NOT save.
- The project still needs to be published, even though the survey can be archived.
- You must be logged in as administrator.
Navigate to the survey in the project and click on the Preview button.
The participant view of the survey tool is displayed.
- Note: You can take the survey even if it is closed for the participants. The message 'CLOSED: This survey has concluded.' is displayed while you take an archived survey.
- Next, click on the Start Survey button. Please note that based on your survey settings, this button might also be labelled as Take Survey or Complete Form.
- Enter all the details of the hard copy form into the survey and submit the completed survey.
As an admin, you can take the survey as many times as you wish even though participants are allowed to make only one submission.
Note: It will take a couple of hours after submission of the survey, before it will be reflected in the analytics and reports.
Point to consider: If you plan to combine hard copy surveys with online surveys, we would advise that you specifically collect demographic information in the survey again and not rely on demographic information from the registration form which will only be present for registered participants taking the survey online.