The integration from eHQ into Constant Contact (CC) ensures you always have the latest list of your registered participants in CC. You can combine your eHQ list with others to send your newsletters to all your mailing lists from one spot.
Note: Any issues or questions you have about the usage of CC should be directed at their support. We help with the integration but cannot help you with specific CC questions.
The integration is essentially a sync between the two systems that occurs once every day and captures ALL your participants AND administrators.
You can determine the list into which to sync your eHQ database into, therefore making it nice and easy to maintain your eHQ specific list in CC.
As the sync occurs, all your demographic information will come across. Take this example of Althea Pollard (we have made her up). If we have her as a contact in our CC account, we can see that all custom fields are filled from our signup form in eHQ, as well as some other data, like that fact that she has activated her account and was not blocked in eHQ when we first imported her into CC.
In order to configure the integration, which you are only required to do once unless something in your CC account changes, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you with the setup.
How to configure the integration
The below instructions assume that you have purchased the integration from us.
The integration is configured by yourself through an interface termed Saasler. When you purchase the integration, we will send you the necessary details to follow the steps below:
- Go to the URL we have shared with you. It is the domain that contains saasler
- Log in with the credentials we have given you. This login is specific to the configuration screen and will not work in EHQ nor in CC.
- Once you have logged in, click on Integrations in the top right and you will see a screen like below. To configure CC, click on the red button next to CC.
4. This will prompt you to log into EHQ and into CC. You are doing both to connect the two bits together.
Constant Contact Authentication:
Please note that we are connecting with CC via a protocol called OAuth2.0. You are not sharing your login details with us, rather you log into CC via a popup and CC sends us back an authorization token to be used to push your EHQ participants into CC. This is important because it means that we will never have access to your CC password (or account for that matter) directly.
5. Once you have authorised both sides of the integration, you will be prompted to choose a new list name. This will be the list name into which all your participants and administrators of EHQ are synced.
And that's it. Now your participant database will sync with your CC contact list once a day. Please note that the very first sync will take a moment to run. You should check back into CC after about an hour or so to confirm that the integration worked.