After sending a newsletter, EHQ allows you to monitor how many were actually delivered and if the recipients opened the newsletter. These numbers can be monitored alongside the sent newsletter in the Email section of EHQ.
NOTE: We are fetching the newsletter stats from our email delivery system. Since that is a separate system, the stats displayed cannot be real-time and may be up to 24 hours delayed.
Also, some of your older newsletters may not show stats. Only newsletters that were sent AFTER this feature was introduced to EHQ will show you the opened and clicked numbers.
When looking through your list of past newsletters you can also see the key metrics about those campaigns. These include the total amount of newsletters delivered, number of unique opens, number of unique clicks from within your email and the percentage metrics for each of them.
- Recipients: This number shows represents the amount of recipients included in your mailing list.
- Delivered: The number of people that the email was delivered to. The difference to the 'Recipients' count is due to people not receiving the email because they are unsubscribed from your newsletters* or blocked in your participant database.
- Unique Opens: The amount of recipients who open the email. Even if a participant opens an email multiple times, it will only be counted once.
- Unique Clicks: The amount participant that click on any link in the email. Even if a participant clicks on multiple links or on the same link multiple times, it will only contribute one unique click.
You might notice that the number of recipients does not equal the number of emails delivered, even though you have selected the entire database as a mailing list. There are a variety of reasons why your emails are NOT delivered:
- Participants are blocked
- Participants are still pending activation
- Participants have previously unsubscribed
- Participants whose email address has previously bounced in our emailing system, e.g. because of a full inbox or an otherwise invalid email address
- Site admins (only project admins get emails)