To set up your forum tool and create topics read the detailed article - Add Forum topics. To then alter the settings of the tool to allow participants to create topics, follow the steps described below.
1. Select the Projects link from the top menu of EHQ and click on your specific project from the drop-down menu.
2. This will display the project’s Manage page. Click on Manage for Forum.
3. This will display the Forum topics page. Click on the settings wheel.
4. This will display the forum topic settings.
5. Unselect the 'Restrict forum creation to administrators' checkbox, right at the top, to allow participant's to create new forum topics.
6. A verification message is displayed. Click OK to confirm the change.
7. You can customize the Notify admin on new topic section. Change the Email subject, Email text and Recipients as required and click Update.
8. You can then customize the Acknowledgment to registered user on new forum topic section. Change the Email subject and Email text as required and click Update.
This will now enable participants to create new topics too. A snapshot of how this would look in the front end is below.
Note: There is no option to review and approve Forum topics created by participants.