It is highly recommended to create groups of your participant database which will be useful for several of your consultation activities including, sending specific newsletters and giving restricted access to projects.
This article describes how to create a new group of your participants, edit/change an existing group and delete a group that is no longer required.
Create a new group
1. Select the People link from the top menu of EHQ and click on Participants from the drop-down menu.
2. This displays the Participants page
3. To select the required participants to create a group, one or more of the filters have to be used. To create a small group of participants to test or restrict visibility, we recommend you read the article on Bulk Tagging of Participants.
For this example we will create a group of gmail users. So click the Other filter and select Email then contains and enter 'gmail' and click Add.
Read this article for details on each of the filters.
4. The filtered list is displayed. To create a group of these participants, enter a group name and click New Group.
5. This new group is now visible on clicking the Groups button.
Edit an existing group
6. To edit an existing group, first choose the group to edit from the Group dropdown menu.
7. The filters used to create the group are displayed in the Filters Applied box. You can choose to delete any of the existing filters by clicking on the x.
8. You can choose to add more filters as well, once done, save the new group by clicking on the Update Group button.
Delete a group
If a group is no longer required, you can permanently delete the group without removing any of the participants of the group from your database.
9. Click on the Groups button. Find the trash can symbol alongside the group you wish to delete and click no it.
10. A confirmation dialog box appears. To complete the deletion click on Delete.
Read our article on knowing your participant.