As well as uploading documents into your document library via widgets, you can also manage your project documents by adding them to the Library section located in the Information section of your project. The documents added in your Library can be moved into folders and deleted when no longer required.
The common file types supported in the Document Library are :
- Text Documents - PDF, MS and OpenOffice Excel (.xls, .xlsx), MS and OpenOffice Word (.doc, .docx), MS and OpenOffice PowerPoint (.ppt, .pptx)
- Audio Files - mp3, wav, x-wav
- Video Files - mp4, avi, mpeg, mov (Quicktime), flv
- Image Files - jpg / jpeg, gif, png, bmp
- Other- zip, xml
Outlined below are the steps to add and mange a document in the Library.
1. Select the Projects link from the top menu of EHQ and click on your specific project from the drop-down menu.
The Manage page is displayed.
2. Click on Information link on the left side of the screen and then click Library. The Documents page is displayed.
3. Click on Add Document button.
4. Click Choose File to select and upload the required document or enter the link to the location of the document in the URL of external document box. This can be any online hosted document as long as it is a publicly accessible link.
5. Enter the name in the Name box. Select the Document Type from the drop-down menu. Click Create to complete uploading the document. When you upload documents to the library you will see then appear under the default folder.
6. Use the Edit or Delete button alongside the document to either change the details of the document stored or to delete the document.
Click the Edit option to change all the details of the uploaded file as shown in the screen shot below.
7. You can also rearrange the documents in a folder using your mouse to drag and drop as shown below.
8. To manage your files into folders use the Add Folder button to create a new folder.
9. Enter the name in the Folder Name box and click Create.
Drag your files into the appropriate folders.
10. Use the Edit Folder button to make changes to the folder and the Delete Folder button to delete the folder when no longer required.
11. You can click on Add Document button again to add further documents.
Once your documents are uploaded you can use the document library widget to display the required documents on your project page.